Friday, August 28, 2015

Dairy Substitutes in India

These days, many people in India are lactose intolerant. Fortunately, everything form burfis to halwas and kheers to payasam can be made without ghee and dairy milk...

Couple of years ago, I used to buy almond milk or coconut milk in United States to make Indian sweets. Now, I just soak few almonds or cashews in boiling water for few minutes. I then grind cashews or peeled almonds with little water to make fresh cashew milk or almond milk, and I use this fresh non-dairy milk to make kheers, payasams and halwas...

Recently, I read an interesting article about dairy subsitutes in Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/food/food-features/Lactose-intolerant-Try-these-delectable-dairy-substitutes/articleshow/48668221.cms





No comments: