Saturday, January 25, 2014

Vegetarians and Vegans in Pakistan

I grew up in Bangalore, India . While going to school in the morning, my friend Faiza Sultana often told me stories about Pakistan. She told me that are forefathers were from Pakistan. Faiza wished to visit Pakistan to see her distant relatives. Pakistan is India's neighboring country. I also want to visit Pakistan sometime, as I want to see some ancient Hindu temples near Karachi and Lahore.

My friend has not yet visited Pakistan, but she keeps track of everything from cricket to Lollywood and politics to fashion , of Pakistan. Faiza recently sent me the facebook link to Vegan and Vegetarian Pakistan

I was so happy to see the facebook link to Vegan and Vegetarian Pakistan . I grew up with the notion that Pakistani food is synonymous with non-vegetarian food.

Recently, I read another article in outlook India, which reports that the demand for vegetarian food is growing rapidly in Pakistan. I'm so happy that educated Pakistanis are exploring plant-based diet, good for health and our environment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How cool!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Hopefully one day plant-based diet will be prevailing in Pakistan!