Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vegan Almond Cookies

My son likes cookies, and I try to bake cookies once in a while. I always have almonds in my pantry, and I'm always looking for ways to use it.

Two days ago there was 3-4 inches of snowfall in Atlanta. Schools and offices were closed for two days. My son loved watching the snow, and he wanted to eat cookies and cupcakes. Well, I baked some almond cookies, and my son loved them! I'm sure I will be baking these cookies often for my family.

I baked Saffron-almond flavored cookies from Aayis blog. I used Earth Balance natural shortening instead of butter. I used rice milk and  vegan sugar( sugar in the raw). The taste was really very good. My husband said it tasted like "Kobbari biscuit" , which is popular in Bangalore bakeries.

If the link does not work , go to google, and type "Saffron-almond flavored cookies" for the recipe in Aayis blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy! It sounds like your son had a fun couple of snow days!